Electronic & Magnetic Materials & Devices Staff
To read a PDF biography, click name. To send a message, click on e-mail address.
Saw Wai Hla, Group Leader
Phone: 630.252.2743, Fax: 630.252.4646, E-mail: email@example.com
- Ph.D., University of Ljubljana
- Research focuses on low-temperature scanning tunneling microscopy (STM), tunneling spectroscopy, spin-polarized scanning tunneling microscopy, and manipulation of single atoms and molecules as well as single-molecule studies of molecular spintronics, molecular magnetism, molecular electronics, molecular machines, and molecular switches and devices.
Edward Barry, Joseph Katz Named Postdoctoral Fellow (Supervisor, Xiao-Min Lin)
Phone: 630.252.6289, Fax: 630.252.4646, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Anand Bhattacharya, Physicist
Phone: 630.252.6518, Fax: 630.252.4646, E-mail: email@example.com
- Ph.D., University of Minnesota
- Research focuses on correlated states that emerge in complex oxides at interfaces, in ordered analogs, and due to nanoscale confinement.
Seth Darling, Scientist
Phone: 630.252.4580, Fax: 630.252.4646, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D., University of Chicago
- Research focuses on understanding and employing self-assembly in organic and hybrid nanomaterial systems with particular concentration on solar energy conversion.
Andrew DiLullo, Postdoc (Supervisor, Saw Wai Hla)
Phone: 630.252.2599, Fax: 630.252.4646, E-mail: email@example.com
Brandon Fisher, Engineering Specialist Senior
Phone: 630.252.5324, Fax: 630.252.4646, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeffrey Guest, Scientist
Phone: 630.252.7073, Fax: 630.252.4646, E-mail: email@example.com
- Ph.D., University of Michigan
- Research focuses on the electronic, magnetic, and optical properties of molecular and nanoscale structures, including single atoms or molecules, functionalized graphene, and self-assembled molecular heterojunctions with UHV STM/AFM and laser spectroscopy; interferometric laser microscopy techniques are also used to measure nanomechanical dynamics of nanofabricated and self-assembled structures.
Nathan Guisinger, Assistant Scientist
Phone: 630.252.6540, Fax: 630.252.4646, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D., Northwestern University
- Research interests include low-dimensional carbon-based nanostructures ranging from metal-organic molecules to two-dimensional graphene: synthesis, characterization, and application; advanced transparent conductors for photovoltaic applications; structural, electrical, and magnetic properties of thin films, organicmolecules, metals, and semiconductors; and STM, spectroscopy, and spin-polarized techniques.
Xiao-Min Lin, Scientist
Phone: 630.252.4447, Fax: 630.252.4646, E-mail: email@example.com
- Ph.D., Kansas State University
- Research efforts include developing synthetic methods that yield nanocrystal building blocks with complex structures and understanding the driving force that leads to self-assembly of nanocrystal arrays, especially developing approaches to form composite nanocrystal arrays with multifunctionalities.
Adina Luican-Mayer, Alexei Abrikosov Named Postdoctoral Fellow (Supervisor, Nathan Guisinger)
Phone: 630.252.5404, Fax: 630.252.5739, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Daniel Rosenmann, Engineering Specialist Senior
Phone: 630.252.3420, Fax: 630.252.4646, E-mail: email@example.com
- Responsibilities at the CNM include the operation, maintenance, and upgrade of UHV oxide MBE, sputtering and e-beam deposition systems, and the design and development of high-quality experimental techniques to synthesize and characterize nanoscale materials.
Eva Stringer, Group Secretary
Phone: 630.252.6889, Fax: 630.252.4646, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org